How to sync eSurvey with Zoho Creator
Zoho Creator is an Online Database management service that helps you to easily build your own Online Database in minutes. Customize your workflow and business rules with your captured data in Real Time. It allows you to easily create an application with business rules , workflow, scheduling and reporting in matter of minutes with no IT help.
- Build powerful reports and dashboards in minutes with our easy drag-and-drop interface
- Share reports and dashboards in Real Time with key performance indicators
- Create online custom applications with Workflow and Business Rules
After opening an account with Zoho Creator on your PC/Mac and setting up a connection to the BlackBerry you are ready to go. Any data you collect with eSurvey will be automatically detected by the application, and will be added to the pertaining table within the online database configured at Zoho Creator.
Once you finish a survey, the captured data will automatically start uploading into Zoho Creator and your database tables will reflect all results in Real Time.
First, create a survey with eSurvey in your Blackberry ( Read our FAQ if you need assistance creating a survey ).
Then go to eSurvey Settings screen and make sure that the survey results are sent by email to your email address and include a CSV file ( Click here for more details
Run the survey ONE TIME to generate a sample CSV file with your captured data and send it to your email account.
Then go to your email server and download that CSV file into your desktop.
NEW ( Advance users only ) - Now you can also save your CSV file into your Google Docs account and retrieve the same directly from Zoho Creator when creating your Database
Setting up you Zoho Account :
Go to your Zoho Creator account , create a new database and then import the CSV file as a brand new form.
How to Import a CSV into Zoho Creator ?
Please refer to Zoho's user manual to learn how to use Zoho Creator in more detail
Proceed to create all your tables and review you plan to use all required features with Zoho Creator.
*** CAUTION - SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS when working with eSurvey ***
- Zoho's User ID for login CANNOT be an e-mail address - Use a regular string for user id with NO SPACES ( for instance your company name all together ).
- Do not use space nor any special characters for the UserID, Password or Survey/Form Name ( Allowed Characters 0-9 a-z A-Z )
- Please use Date Only option when use Date&Time question types.
- If you want to use Date and Time field - then the Zoho fied should be formated as Simple Line - then contact our support team to get a script to convert it to a Date Field.
- Please DO NOT use white spaces when naming your Database and Forms - If the name is "Sample Table" - please name it as "SampleTable"
- Please be aware that Question Title will be the Column name - Do not use space nor any special characters for Question Title ( Allowed Characters 0-9 a-z A-Z )
- Please make sure that entries for every question matches Zoho's pre-established format - Otherwise, information won't be uploaded ( We recommend to use Text Format for all non-numeric or date fields )
- The following words cannot be used: date, month, year, time, field.
- Please be aware that for choice answers (for the following question types: choice, multi-choice and matrix) no special characters can be used.
Go back to eSurvey and proceed as follows
a.- Go to Settings screen
b.- Scroll to Service Settings and select it to create New service
c.- Select Add new Service, scroll down and select Zoho
d.- Provide a service name and proceed to enter your Zoho login credentials ( User Name and Password ) and select Account Sign in to validate your login
e.- Upon a valid login dialog, please proceed to choose your database and the table name you used when you uploaded then sample CSV file and press Save
f.- Your last step is as follows. Go to Create Survey screen, scroll down to your survey, press the Menu key and select Survey Settings one more time.
Review the conditions previously selected this screen and verify if you still want o use the email address you used to send out the trial CSV file. Scroll down to Zoho Service and select the Zoho service name you just created. Enable Uploads and you are all set
Now you can go ahead and test your survey. Open your recently created graph or dashboard on your PC/Mac with Zoho Creator and then run your survey from eSurvey. Once the survey is completed, simply refresh the dashboard screen and observe how all data collected with eSurvey is beautifully reflected on dashboard on Real Time.
If you still have questions or your are not getting the desired results, please contact our support team at email@example.com or join us to one of our weekly free seminars by clicking here
Last updated on May 14, 2013 by Ariel Segall